Third Eye Chakra
“Embrace all things as part of the harmonious Oneness, and then you will begin to perceive it.” – Lao-tzu
“Intuition is the clear conception of the
whole at once.” – Johann Kaspar Lavater
The Sanskrit word for the third eye chakra is Anja and means “perceive/command/beyond wisdom”. The colour of the sixth chakra is purple or deep blue, and the element associated with the third eye chakra is light.
An open third eye is illumination of life as it is, without our personal filter of past, expectations or judgment. When the third eye chakra is open it allows us to transcend “normal” abilities and we can see into others, life situations and our self with an open view. It is in this energetic centre we develop psychic abilities, such as clairvoyance and clairaudience. Your dreams for this life and recollections of different lifetimes are held in this Chakra.
The Anja is located on the forehead, between the eyebrows and holds your energetic experience of intuition, enlightenment, wisdom, foresight and transcendent consciousness. It is our access to a cosmic vision and our communication line with dimensions and spiritual realms.
Other symptoms of an unbalanced Third Eye Chakra might be:
– Rejection of everything that is spiritual or beyond the normality of this perceived reality
– You are unaware of your own intuition. You ignore to listen when your intuition is activated and communicating
– You struggle to see the bigger picture of life
– Connection to deeper self or Soul is really hard
– You feel you have a clouded mind or overactive thoughts. Daydreaming to avoid reality
– It feels difficult to be creative or inspired in life
– Mistrust of other people and the world in general
– Views others as separate and completely different from yourself.
– Closed minded or a lack of clarity
– Mental disorders and delusions
– Attachment to outcomes and results
– Lack of focus and you struggle to make decisions
– Ego attachment to powers or psychic abilities
Still unsure if your Third Eye Chakra needs to be healed and balanced?
Ask yourself these following questions:
– Am I holding a belief system that tells me that this physical reality is all there is?
– Have I been brought up in a home that is closed minded and commanded me to listen and obey without asking questions?
– Am I listening and responding accordingly when my body is communicating with me?
– Do I feel that I am separated from everything else in life?
Suggestions on how to heal the Third Eye Chakra
The third eye chakra is your intuition, wisdom, intellect, the ability to see the master plan. It is also seeing how things are and getting the message that you need to get for your soul’s evolvement.
Healing the Third Eye Chakra with color
Whenever you wish to activate and balance the third eye chakra, surround yourself with colors that are deep- blue and indigo. Wear jewelries like amethyst, malachite, lapis lazuli and sodalite.
Healing Third eye Chakra through sound
Listening to sounds:
Listen: The brow chakra responds very well to the 852Hz Solfeggio frequency and singing-bowls in the A note. Listen to music that has one, or both of these components for about 20 min a day.
Sing: the vowel: “AAAAAA”
Healing Third Eye Chakra with mindfulness and meditation
– Make sure that you are undisturbed for about 20-30 minutes
– Start with doing the relaxation exercise. For deep healing to occur it is important to have a body that is relaxed and receptive.
– Light a candle, preferably a candle with the color of indigo or white
– Sit in a comfortable position with your spine straight about 1 meter from the candle
Close your eyes and breathe three deep and slow breaths. Open your eyes and stare straight into the flame. Hold your gaze focused on the flame without straining your eyes. Blink whenever you feel it is necessary, and if you get tired in the eyes, close them.
With your eyes closed, gaze in the area where your brow chakra is located. See that the picture in your mind is of the candle flame. Notice the colors. They may appear different from what they normally look like. They can move around and then suddenly disappear. If that occurs, focus your attention on bringing the colors back. Try to hold that internal picture for as long as you can.
When the fire in your mind has vanished, stay still for a while.
If the colors keep on re-appearing, observe them without interpretation. Simply allow it to be. Focus on your breathing. A picture of a situation or feeling can reveal itself, if it does, simply listen, without judging.
After 30 minutes open your eyes. Rub the palm of your hand in a powerful way, then place your hands above your eyes to let them rest.
Exercise to develop the third eye chakra:
Our subconscious mind speaks to us through dreams. Keep a daily dream journal.